January 10, 2010
New goals, again
I don’t like new year resolutions detailing plans to make yourself
better - I’m already great! However, I do like the idea of setting a few
goals. This year’s goals are fairly similar to last years, but a little
- Blog at an average rate of at least 4 times a month. Fairly sure I
can do this with the
posts I’m planning.
- Only have 2 programming projects going at the same time. Reassess
projects every 3 months. The first two are: learning how to load and
animate blender models in a 3D graphics engine; and a secret
- Complete 3 Blender models and write tutorials on them - the models
are a robot (to learn animation), a
Thermopolium, and a
- Maintain Queuesaurus and general ruby skills. Try to use Scala.
- Run 5km in 25 minutes. This is a bit ambitious.
- Decrease net ownership of physical goods